Tuesday 10 April 2012

Inspired to iron?

Thought I might share tonight's sewing escapade with you. Now I'm no fan of ironing - I prefer to hang things up and/or hope they dry straight! Ironing takes time, and that time could be better spent doing other things....like sewing! =)
However, this was all before I realised that I can make my own ironing board covers! And yes I know, not exactly a fun, exciting thing to be making. But believe me, it made all the difference! I found this super cute cherry fabric (which is actually more vibrant in colour than the pictures let on) over the Easter weekend and decided that my old, dull, burn-covered, blue ironing board cover could seriously use a makeover. No wonder I previously had no desire to pick up the iron (unless it was for a good cause of course - such as sewing!).
Now my mind is running wild with the possibilities of mixing and matching fabrics to make bright/happy/cute/pretty/themed ironing board covers.

Kate is next to make one - can't wait to see her ironing-inspired fabric find!

Anyone elses ironing board cover in need of a pick-me-up?





Emilley Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment